CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Some views around home

 

This first photo is of a barrel in the marsh in the lake.  I have no idea how it got there or how long it's been there ~ once the vegetation died off in the fall it became visible.  A nearby stream empties into the lake where the seagulls are resting....the water is open there but I don't know what is attracting the birds.

Barrel in lake

Here's a picture of our backyard 3 days ago.  The water to the dock is pretty much gone now.  That's our raft to the left.  I'm not sure when it will go back in the water.

Backyard in spring2

Here's a cute tweety bird!  He was singing away and I tried to mimic his call/whistle.  He turned and if I could have seen him close up....I'm sure it was a baleful glare I got, for interrupting his important song!

Bird4_edited

Our house a few days ago.  All of the snow by the driveway is gone now and a lot of the stuff to the left. 

Our house March

Here is panther cat, stalking invisible through the...hey, Spook, wake up!  You're entirely visible.  Sorry pal, to break it to you like this but that skulking you're doing?  Looks a bit silly in the middle of the lawn!

 Panther cat_edited

Happy spring to you all!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Awwww let Spook be wild. :) I wish I has some of your snow. I don't know why I was born and raised so far south. LOL Have a great week!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

That is funny about Spook, trying to sneak up like that!

Happy Spring to you, funny to see all that snow (we rarely have it here in Portland Oregon)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I hope your snow melts soon! Our snow lingered longer than usual this year but then melted in just over a week! Your spring flowers will be blooming before you know it!

~ Lynda