CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Guess what this bird is?

Strange bird_edited

I believe we have an answer to the question!!  My in-laws popped by for a visit and I showed my father-in-law this photo and he indicated it looked like an eagle.  So I brought out my bird books and what do you know... it perfectly matches a young Bald Eagle!  How about that??  It makes sense because  the Bald Eagles do nest in this area and have begun to populate the area over the last 10 years.  In fact, hubby and I saw a fully grown Bald Eagle perch on the Beaver's Dam in the fall!

Apparently the Eagles don't fully develop their white heads and tails until their 4th year or so.  My picture is more what they look like as after they are babies but before they are fully mature.  I am so amazed!  I have another picture that I have to get off my camera.  It shows the beak as well.

If someone wants to correct me please do!  Or verify that it is indeed a young Bald Eagle I'd welcome a message to let me know.

1 comments:

onelittlemustardseed said...

Cool!!! I would love to see this!